Vacuuming to Capture Bed Bugs
Vacuums can be helpful in reducing the numbers of bed bugs in
certain locations especially where there are groups or
clusters of bed bugs.
Vacuuming is not 100% effective, but will help capture bed bugs.
There are some key precautions that you should take when using
vacuums against bed bugs to make sure you capture the most bugs
possible and that you do not spread the infestation.
Make sure you make the suction as strong as possible.
Use a crevice tool attached to the vacuum.
Bed bugs have the ability to cling to fabric and wedge themselves in
cracks and crevices.
Make sure that you concentrate on those areas.
Do not press to hard against the fabric.
There is a chance that you can “flick” bed bugs and eggs off a
surface instead of capturing these insects.
When you are finished, remove the vacuum bag and
Then place the vacuum bag into a plastic bag and
seal this outer bag.
This bag can be disposed in the trash.
Bed bugs can survive a trip through a vacuum hose.
If the vacuum does not contain a bag,
empty and discard the contents in a sealed plastic bag.
Wash the removable container in hot soapy water to ensure any
remaining bed bugs are killed.
There is usually a filter attached to this container.
This filter will have to be washed, frozen,
or discarded and replaced by a new filter.
DO NOT use water on electrical components of the vacuum.
If you plan to use the vacuum in another location for bed bug control,
place tape over the nozzle to prevent bed bugs escaping;
at the end of the day, discard the vacuum contents.
Repeated vacuuming will likely be necessary to
control an infestation.
Make sure you remember where you previously found bed bugs
and be prepared to repeatedly vacuum these areas.
Eggs are glued to the surface, so they are very hard to remove.
Adult bed bugs will identify areas that were previously infested.
Re-checking these areas and repeated vacuuming will help reduce
the number of bed bugs in your home.
Use the other non-chemical techniques, such as laundering, heat,
or freezing to supplement vacuum removal of bed bugs.
This will help you reduce the labor required for vacuuming
areas and improve control.
Try to keep your living area as simple as possible.
Bed bugs like to hide, so the more things you have the more likely
they are to find hiding places.
Keep clean items in plastic bags to reduce the number of areas you
have to repeatedly vacuum.
We hope this video has been helpful.
SaleBestseller No. 1
Atrix – VACBP1 HEPA Backpack Vacuum Corded 8 Quart HEPA Bag 4 Level Filtration Attachments
- ERGONOMIC BACKPACK VACUUM – The backpack vacuum weighs 10.3 lbs with dimensions of 12″ x 9″ x 20″. The perfect size to move around comfortably while vacuuming. Easily convert to right or left hand. The belt loop contains storage for the accessories to easily transition for any job performed. Weight is 18.95 pounds.
- COMMERCIAL OR RESIDENTIAL APPLICATIONS – The powerful vacuum and backpack blower works for both residential and commercial applications. Use the lightweight backpack vacuum for pest control, hotels, hospitals, schools, janitors, JAN/SAN, offices, warehouses, stairs, ceilings, entryways, drapes, blinds, and hard to reach corners.
- HEPA FILTER – The 8-Quart HEPA filter safely captures particles. Made to virtually eliminate the risk of exhausting dangerous bacteria during vacuuming.
- PACKED WITH ATTACHMENTS FOR ANY JOB – Included contents are: Backpack Vacuum, 6′ hose, blower adapter, exhaust filter cover, 22″-37″ extension wand, set of 3 blower nozzles, furniture nozzle, crevice tool, round brush, floor brush, air driven turbo brush, extension cord strain relief, HEPA bag, shakeout bag, pre-motor and exhaust filter set, and set of hose and filter plugs.
- POWERFUL 1400 WATT 12 AMP 120 VOLT VACUUM CLEANER – The backpack vacuum cleaner has a CFM (cubic foot per minute) output of 106 CFM. This can be easily converted to not only a vacuum but a blower with a set of 3 blower nozzles. Weighs only 10 pounds.
Last update on 2020-06-02 / Disclaimer: as an Amazon Associate a Simply Philosophy team earns from qualifying purchases.